The Boyfriend watches an obscene amount of football on Sunday’s. I, however, don’t really watch football at all. Something about fantasy football…blah blah blah…he has to beat his friend…blah blah blah…whatever!
Football Sunday’s are a time for me to relax, surf the internet, and whip up some interesting creations for him to try during the game. Boyfriends are great guinea pigs
On the menu for today were two of his favorite food items ever put together into one dish!
Biscuits and hot dogs!
(Good thing his favorite foods aren’t something like pickles and ice-cream. Ewww, not a good combination.)
I used the last of my Bisquick mix and combined it with the only milk I had on-hand, unsweetened almond milk. I sprinkled in a dash of garlic powder and tossed in some shredded Monterey Jack cheese for good measure.
Stir, stir, stir.
Then, I laid the biscuit dough out on a floured wooden cutting board and separated it into 4 separate pieces. Each piece was flattened a bit, just with my hand, nothing fancy. I placed a hotdog in the middle and worked the dough to cover the hot dog. Essentially you are tucking the hot dog away into biscuit heaven! A little sprinkle of cheese over the top and VOILA! Bake and you have “Pigs in a biscuit.”
I presented him with my creation and I think he fell in love with me all over again.
Seriously. He said “I’m never leaving you.”
Oh great, I’m stuck.
(Serves 2 hungry football watching men)
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick Mix
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese + a little to sprinkle on top before baking
- 4 hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray
- Combine Bisquick mix with milk, garlic powder, and cheese.
- Flour cutting board and lay out dough. Separate into 4 sections. Place a hot dog in the center of each section and work dough around hot dog until it covers it.
- Place on baking sheet and sprinkle a little extra cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly golden.
TIP: Slick into 1 inch sections and use as an appetizer. So easy and looks really pretty!
For more recipes, CLICK HERE.