Snacking is a perfect way to satisfy you between meals and to keep your motor up and running throughout the day.
What to choose is the BIG question.
Below I’ve listed 10 quick and easy snacks I either throw together at home or toss in my bag to take stuffed in my purse to the
movies uh…I mean… anyways, let’s get to the point!
Here are my “go-to” snacks (in no particular order), and for some I’ve included estimated calories.
1. A medium sized apple with 1 tablespoon of almond butter (great when craving a dessert!) approx 180 calories
2. Celery sticks or baby carrots with 2 tablespoons of hummus approx 80 calories
3. Yogurt with a sprinkle of your favorite cereal (kinda like a parfait!)
4. Two rice cakes with almond or peanut butter approx 170 calories
5. EAS Advant Edge Carb Control Ready-To-Drink Shakes 110 calories and 17g protein (great for traveling with)
6. Veggie snack pack-I chop up whatever veggies I have at the moment and toss in them in a zip lock. Super low calorie and fill me up!
7. Natural Almonds (beware of the overly salted almonds, defeat the purpose due to high sodium content)
8. One slice of bread with almond or peanut butter. Read your labels because all that should be in your peanut butter should be roasted peanuts! Not tons of ingredients we can’t even pronounce. approx 170 calories
9. Granola Bar-Fiber One is my favorite! Especially Oats & Chocolate (gives me my chocolate fix!)
10. Turkey & Lettuce Roll-Ups-Just take your sliced turkey and roll it in lettuce leaves, maybe even add hummus too! This is high in protein and low in calorie.
11. 100 Calorie Popcorn packs! I mean, tons of popcorn for 100 calories! Can’t beat it!
I’m always looking for healthy low calorie snack ideas. If you’ve got any for me…leave them in a comment!
P.S. I know I left off the tons of varieties of fresh fruit that would make a great snack, but that’s a given, was trying to post some that are a little different than just listing “grapes!” 🙂