Another day another craving, only I was adamant about not making a trip to the grocery store. I succeeded on my mission and whipped up Devil’s Food Cake Cream Cheese Cookies.
Gooey, creamy cookies, oh how I love thee. Let me count the ways (not calories!).
They were easy, soft as can be, and the perfect chocolatiness to end my day.
If you have butter, cream cheese, an egg, vanilla, and a box of Devil’s food cake, you’re golden!
Just use a mixer to combine the ingredients.
Warning: Batter is absolutely delicious and may cause recipe to yield less cookies than stated!
Use small scoop to form uniform-size cookies.
Bake and let cool a couple of minutes on the pan. Then, cool completely on a cookie sheet.
Or what the heck?
Eat them warm and gooey! These are very easy and delicious!
Add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on the warm cookie for good measure 🙂
Devil’s Food Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box (18.5 oz) Devils’s food cake mix
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Cream butter and cream cheese. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix. Add cake mix, making sure to thoroughly incorporate. Best if you add 1/3 at a time and mix well after each addition.
3. Chill batter for 30 minutes. Note: I did not chill at all because I was totally ready for chocolate, so I baked immediately after mixing.
4. Drop by tablespoonfuls into ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 8-10minutes. Allow to sit a minute or 2 on cookie sheet before removing.
Makes approximately 24 large cookies (using heaping tablespoons of dough).
These were so tasty and even better with the scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Enjoy these quick and easy cookies! I will surely add this to my recipe collection and try different mix-ins.
For more recipes click here.