Healthy Yogurt Toppings!
Lately I’m on a Greek yogurt kick. I buy flavored yogurt for The Boyfriend and plain fat-free Greek yogurt for me. I am in complete awe at the high protein content and why I had never converted before! Yogurt is what I run to when I’m craving something sweet, and due to my sweet tooth, I have played around with quite a few ingredients.
Here are a few of my favorite yogurt mix-ins! I’ve tried to keep them on the healthier side, if I’m going to have a quality snack like Greek yogurt, I don’t want to overdo it with the add-ins. Also, since I use plain yogurt, I have more flexibility with what I add to flavor the yogurt.
Plain yogurt with:
- honey drizzle & chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds are great)
- toasted coconut flakes & Splenda/Stevia extract
- 1/8 tsp coconut extract & Splenda/Stevia extract
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, & Splenda/Stevia Extract
- Fresh fruit (especially berries: strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries make it seem like a dessert!)
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated lemon zest & toasted coconut flakes
- 1/8 tsp almond extract & 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sugar-free or low sugar preserves
- 1 tsp cinnamon, chopped walnuts, & Splenda/Stevia Extract
- 1 Tbs pumpkin butter mixed in
- 2 Tbs pumpkin puree, 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice, Splenda/Stevia Extract
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of oatmeal and drizzle honey over the top
- 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, & Splenda/Stevia Extract
- Few tablespoons Kashi Go Lean Cereal
- Pour yourself a bowl of your favorite cereal and use the 6 ounce yogurt container as your “milk.” Makes for a rich, hearty breakfast! Works well with any flavor yogurt.
- Make a yogurt breakfast parfait
For more a list of healthy snacks, CLICK HERE!
For more recipes, CLICK HERE!
What are your favorite yogurt toppings and mix-ins?