I am a chocoholic, like a semi-sweet and dark obsessed chocoholic, and these White Chocolate Almond Oatmeal Cookies are undoubtedly my new favorite.
All I have to say is thank goodness I quartered the recipe. If not, I would have been in real trouble!
Yields approximately 32 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, dark brown sugar, and white sugar. Then, stir in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift (or whisk together) the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then, incorporate into wet ingredients.
- Add oats, white chocolate, and chopped almonds and mix until incorporated. Use a cookie scoop (approx 1 Tbs) to assure even sized cookies. Leave about 2 inches between each cookie on the sheet.
- Bake or 10-12 minutes. Allow to rest 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet and then finish cooling on wire rack.
These cookies have a slight crunch, some chewiness because of the oatmeal, and the perfect balance of flavors. I have officially been converted.
White Chocolate Almond Oatmeal Cookies are my new obsession!
You must try this recipe. I will, WITHOUT A DOUBT, be making these again in the near future.
For more recipes, CLICK HERE!