Oatmeal is a blank slate. It’s a perfect way to “healthify” your favorite desserts. There are endless toppings, mix-ins, and flavorings that make it a new experience each and every time.
I am obsessed with oatmeal!
I’ve already shared my Banana Foster Oatmeal recipe, which is a definite winner in my book, and now I’ll share the Apple-pie oatmeal recipe that give me the warm flavors of “Fall” in a perfect
little bowl 🙂
Apple Pie Oatmeal
- 1 apple. thinly sliced (I used fuji-my favorite)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Smart Balance spread
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal
- Heat your skillet on medium heat and add butter or butter spray.
- Add apples to the skillet and allow them to cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Then, add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Continue to cook until apples are soft, but not completely mushy, and brown sugar has begun to caramelize. At this point, add the vanilla and stir.
- Pour apple mixture over the cooked oatmeal and enjoy dessert for breakfast 😉
- Add chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans.
- Mix in a few raisins.
- Top with some graham cracker crumbs.
- Add a dollop of vanilla flavored greek yogurt
For more recipes, CLICK HERE.